IRS Resolution Services

The typical Tax Resolution firm is either just a referral service or only has one or two cookie cutter approaches to representing taxpayers. It’s expensive and it doesn’t work. The industry is filled with shady companies employing unlicensed people who do business by lying, cheating, and charging outrageous fees that change constantly. The truth is that there are no “secrets the IRS doesn’t want you to know”. It is also illegal to promise “pennies on the dollar settlements.” The IRS has strict regulations on tax debt settlement that everyone must follow. They are complex and not to be tried at home. Contact me for my free report on Five Questions to Ask A Tax Resolution Firm Before Giving Them a Dime.”

Acumen Accounting is different. Representatives of many tax resolution firms have meaningless job titles like “Senior Tax Analyst”. As an Enrolled Agent, I’m licensed and authorized to give you tax advice. Only CPAs, attorneys, and Enrolled Agents can make that claim. I personally handle every case professionally, honestly, and in your best interest from beginning to end. No false promises. No unrealistic expectations. I’m not paid based on how much I can get you to pay and how many “add-ons” I can sell. The pricing I quote will not change once you engage me. A competent, ethical professional should know how taxpayer representation and tax debt settlement processes work before quoting an artificially low fee that changes when they “discover” new issues. I’m working to take the sleaze factor out of taxpayer representation one client at a time. Your situation is unique. My job is to find the best solution for you. Here is how I work:

It starts with gathering information about you, reading notices you’ve received, and learning about your situation in detail. If there is imminent danger of IRS doing bad things to you, I’ll be on the phone with them that same day. Otherwise, I’ll get your authorization to contact the IRS and find out what their records show and what actions they are contemplating.

Once I have that information, we’ll talk about your alternatives. Depending on your situation, the solutions may include:

  • Negotiating an offer for a discounted settlement
  • Asking for an appeal of the taxes owed
  • Requesting a reduction in penalties
  • Offering and negotiating a payment plan
  • Filing missing returns
  • Innocent spouse relief

If necessary, I’ll represent you in an IRS audit or hearing.

When you work with me, you will NOT need to speak directly with IRS or other tax authorities. I am happy to do so on your behalf. I’ve been doing this for years. IRS agents are good professionals, and I know how to work well with them.

Other Services